Fettercairn 2009 Warehouse 2 Batch #2
Fettercairn distillery was built in 1825 and aside from a brief period in mothballs in the 1930s, has been in operation ever since. It was re-opened from that closure in 1939 by Associated Scottish Distilleries, the Scotch arm of the post-Prohibition drinks giant in the US, National Distillers. When ASD ceased trading in 1954 the distillery passed through various hands before being bought by Whyte & Mackay in 1973. Despite being an important contributor to their blends, they also pushed Fettercairn as a single malt brand, known as “Old Fettercairn” until 2002 when the prefix was dropped.
This complex whisky has been aged in the following casks….
- 38% 2009 Vintage 1st fill ex-rye barrels
- 62% 2009 Vintage 1st Fill ex-bourbon barrels